ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
Charpak Ltd are fully committed to the conservation and improvement of the environment. We recognise and accept our responsibility to manage and minimise the environmental impacts of our activities, products and services.
We have developed an environmental plan, and our aims within that plan are:
- To identify and minimise the environmental impact of our activities
- To develop suitable objectives, targets and management programmes in order to follow DEFRAs waste hierarchy – Reduce, Reuse/Recover, Recycle, Safe Disposal
- To comply with relevant legislation, regulation and other requirements relating to our industry and environmental impacts.
- To minimise our inputs of utilities and resources.
- To reduce our outputs and emissions to the atmosphere, effluents to water/sewers and waste to disposal facilities.
- To consider the principles of sustainable development when conducting administrative, commercial and social activities, by the procurement of materials from local sustainable sources where possible.
- To ensure that these environmental responsibilities are defined, communicated and understood at all levels within the organisation through the provision of appropriate training.
- To ensure that suppliers and contractors understand our policy and assist them to develop appropriate systems and a responsible approach with regard to environmental issues.
- To communicate, co-operate and respond to the views of interested parties, including customers and the general public on environmental issues where this is practicable and likely to result in an overall improved environmental performance.
- To strive to continually improve in overall environmental performance.