Corporate responsibility and sustainability of packaging is core to our business. With plastics demand expected to double in the next 20 years Charpak is committed to delivering a SMART, realistic, co-ordinated and collaborative sustainable solution for our clients.
- All materials Charpak use are produced from either a recycled grade plastic, or are fully reusable or recyclable.
- We mark all manufactured products with the correct recycle / material code to aid the recycling process.
Charpak use recycled plastics for the vast majority of products we manufacture. Charpak is committed to minimising the environmental impact of plastics. We see packaging reduction as positive for our business. Charpak values include maximising the use of recycled and recyclable material delivering our commitment to be more sustainable for reducing our overall carbon footprint.
- As part of Charpak’s commitment to sustainability skeletal waste is granulated to minimise wastage and ensure maximum reuse.
For over 10 years Charpak has been working with DEFRA, the Government and Trade Bodies. End of life considerations during the design and production process include closed loop recycling or secondary home use.
- 99.88% of Charpak products contain recycled plastics
- 66% of Charpak products are widely recycled
Minimising the impact on the environment. Charpak target zero waste for landfill. In 2017
- 99.2% of Charpak waste was reused or recycled
- 69% of Charpak waste was recycled
- 7% of Charpak waste was used for energy
- 24% of Charpak waste was composted