Leading the way in Sustainability
Twist-Loc® is the new 100% recyclable plastic packaging tub from Charpak
With plastic pollution at the top of the agenda we must ensure that when packaging products we all use the optimum material for the purpose of the packaging. Charpak Ltd have designed and launched a new packaging tub which resolves this challenge. Sustainability must be at the heart of packaging. Charpak fully embraces the Ellen MacArthur Foundation New Plastics Economy model, and is an active Founder Member of the UK Plastics Pact.
Sustainability is at the heart of what Charpak does. Charpak has been at the forefront of designing and manufacturing sustainable packaging for over 30 years. Our latest patented innovation, Twist-Loc®, has been designed to replace less sustainable packaging. This new Tub replaces packaging which has been manufactured from Injection Moulded PP (virgin polypropylene).
- Twist-Loc® is 100% recyclable, and, when the clear version is chosen, it is widely recycled throughout the UK.
- Twist-Loc® is a tamper-evident rPET thermoformed tub which can be used for ambient, chilled or frozen sectors, food and non-food products.
- The tub contains a minimum of 75% recycled material (and up to 90% recycled material).
- The tub uses 7.5 grams less plastic than the previous retail packaging.
- Twist-Loc® can be manufactured either as a fully wrapped or labelled product, again aiding recycling
- Every element of the tub can be recycled in household and commercial waste infrastructure.
- It removes all risk of micro-plastics leaking into the environment.
The packaging includes integral tamper evidence – a first for a thermoformed pack – giving retailers and consumers security in the knowledge products within the Tub are pristine for purchase. Replacing the traditional clip on lid Twist-Loc’s unique design features a lid which ‘twists closed and locks’ which means it is reusable in commerce and industry, and by end consumers at home. This integral tamper evidence reduces all risk of micro-plastics as it contains zero ‘tear off bits‘.
Leading by example, Charpak are committed to multi-use, and multi-reuse of plastics in a circular economy. We work with our partners to ensure household collected bottles and trays and are recycled, and reused again and again into the next generation of trays and containers, and other new packaging and new products.
Justin Kempson, Director of Sales and Innovation advises
“It is vital to create value in the recycle chain, to retain plastics in the system as a reusable resource and prevent waste. Our aim is to ensure all future Twist-Loc tubs are made from a circular and renewable source, alongside our range of other packaging products.”
Contact us today to talk to our materials experts, NPD team or packaging consultants about Twist-Loc® or any other packaging needs.